Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Aloha 'Oe

Sunday (29th) was our last Sunday in our ward. It has been a BYUH tradition to sing Aloha 'Oe to all those who are leaving. They called us up to the front and everyone in the ward sang while the bishopric handed out shell necklaces to us. It was a touching moment which made me realize that I am really going to miss this place. 

Later that afternoon Christina and I went over to Britnee's house to make dinner. While we were waiting for some friends to come we played outside on the lawn with some neighborhood kids. I don’t know how this always happens to me but before I knew it I had little Polynesian kids sitting on my feet, which made me fall over. Christina, along with all the kids, dog piled on my back and made my pants slid off ha. I think they liked it so much that when I tried to get up they retaliated by chasing me mercilessly all over the lawn. When the activities were over, and our friend Eric showed up, we had Hawaiian burgers (teriyaki patties with pineapple) and salad. Pie and whip cream were for dessert and when there's whip cream there's a whip cream fight. Christina first sprayed a mustache on my face which started the whole fight. I got Britnee in the face while Crystal ran for cover. Soon we were all "creamed" and sticky. After the fight we went out on the lawn and sang songs to the ukulele and guitar. It was a good Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment