Sunday, March 8, 2009

Surfing Castles

Friday March 6th, after class David, Britnee, Phil, the Swedish girl, and i went surfing at Castles beach, aka the beginners surfing beach. i really like this beach, the waves aren't ginormous butt the waters not very deep so if you fall off you have to tuck your legs in or you will hit the reef. today when we were paddling out i saw a turtle! i was better at surfing this time then i was last time. one time i got too close to Britnee and she was coming toward me on a wave and i thought she was going to kill me,  i jumped off and hid under my board and she went directly over me. i emerged laughing and she was too but she thought she had killed me.i just love being out there, even though it was a stormy day actually its more like a few stormy weeks. we have had crazy rain ever since February which is probably good because it makes me study more. after surfing we all went back to Davids house and had strawberry smoothies and snacks. David also cooked up some SPAM so i could try it. i kept saying it was really soft but it wasnt bad, i didnt find out till later that it contains 24% fat, hence the soft/squishy-ness. David gave Britnee and i a ride home on his motorcycle. ha i had to sit on the grab bar in the back while Britnee was sandwiched in the middle, i tried not to imagine us falling over.

when i got home i studied and took my mormonism exam. last time i went surfing i had a mormonism test and i did really well. today i got an 89%, so i think surfing is my good-luck charm. later i headed to Britnee's house and we did P90X Yoga. for and 1 hour and 30 mins my body was completely contorted and unbalanced, yoga is hard and yet so rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment